Sunday, January 20, 2013

THE MAKING OF A LEADER

When you're born, you're taught about rising to the top, becoming a leader and gaining courage along the way. In life, you grow, but you only succeed if you make mistakes.  I'm a true believer in that.  I tell my son's that mistakes make men men, because you learn from mistakes.  The next time around, you don't make that mistake, and then, you succeed, only to reach a new obstacle and new challenges. That's just a life lesson, but if you use that formula, you cannot lose.
Enter a kid named Ty Hensley.  I gotta tell you, I like this kid. He's going to be something special one day and you want to know how I know that? Because my 10 year, who has pictures of Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth and Derek Jeter in his room asked me about "goals" the other day. I mentioned determination, hard work, practice and the name Ty Hensley came up.  Mind you, My son never heard of Ty Hensley.  But when you talk about character and passion and baseball, those ideals perk my son's ears up, especially if those baseball role models have those characteristics, like in a young kid like Ty Hensley.  My son tends to follow those footsteps and learns from them, not all at once, but in baby steps. I couldn't ask for anything more.  Trust me, this wasn't a hard nosed conversation my son & I were having. It was casual. We were in my car, driving from the food store. But, the next day on the way to school, my 10 year old asked if I thought he should get a picture of Ty Hensley for his room.  I smiled.  Little did he know that BYB chats with and writes about the one and only... and of course, his lovely family, (read HERE.)

So why am I telling you all of this?  Well, the message is clear.  We here at Bleeding Yankee Blue are doing the work that many would like to do, but don't want to take time to do.  Why are we doing it?  It's simple.  When someone has a cause that helps other people and we believe in it... let's just say, we're "all in."

Ty Hensley made an adult decision last week and through communication with him and his family, and BE Edmond, we are happy to help promote Ty's Public Service Announcement bringing awareness to Teen suicide prevention.  You see, the Henlsey's want to raise $40,000 to to build an APP for teen phones so, if for instance, they need a crisis center to chat with, it's at their fingertips.  They are slowly but surely accomplishing their goal.

Now, I'm not sure if you guys know how to donate and where to donate.  It's simple.  All you need to do is click HERE Once you do, there's a DONATE button.  Click on it and donate what you can, anything you can... It's that simple.
Look, if stars like Kristin Chenoweth have now jumped in to Retweet our link (HERE), you know it's important.  I once said that MAKING A DIFFERENCE STARTS WITH ONE PERSON, and snowballs into a bunch of people that believe in the same cause. This, in turn creates a movement. I wasn't talking about myself.  I was talking about a kid from Oklahoma with a dream... that's Ty Hensley. A kid with a following and he hasn't even pitched a full season yet.  But with drive, character, determination, anything is possible.  And Yes, BYB will get on board with that... you should too.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017