Monday, October 1, 2012

THE YANKEES ARE GETTING THOSE OLD FEELINGS BACK AGAIN

The Yankees magic number is now 2 and with tonight's win against the Red Sox, I couldn't be happier.  Sure, the Red Sox fielded a JV team, but hey, a win is a win and the Yankees needed a win like anyone.  We got it and the better news is that the Baltimore Orioles lost too...perfect storm.  So, the Yankees are 2 games up in the American League East.  Say Hallelujah, say Amen.
Mark Teixeira was back tonight and we clearly have missed the guy.  Sure, I've been trying to put my finger on what's been missing with my Yankees all year, and it's been Tex... What the hell is wrong with me? I should have known.  Teixeira had a home run tonight and was 1-3 with 2 RBIs and a run scored. Welcome back. 
Robinson Cano is the hottest hitter in baseball right now and thank God he's a Yankee. 3 for 5 with 3 RBIs. Cano also cranked out a home run, as did Curtis Granderson. Oh yeah, Russell Martin did too! Man oh man, there is no question, the Yankee bats are starting to hit and it's the right time, this is a major week for them, we have a lot to prove to everyone... We are the real deal... it just took us a while to get on track.  Meanwhile, Alex Rodriguez seems lost again...2 more strikeouts.  This is clearly not the Alex we know and love.  I wish the guy well, but I've lost my patience. Make it up to me Alex, hurry, you're losing me.
CC Sabathia was the ace that we have loved for years.  "CC Monster is pitching" my 8 year old said tonight when the game started.  He was right, he was a monster. Tonight he pitched 8 innings and only gave up 4 hits and 2 runs.  He struck out 7.
Keys of the Game: Finally, Melky Mesa got his first hit and RBI as a Yankee tonight...save that ball!  Nick Swisher was 3 for 4 and he seems to be on that hot streak too.  When Nick Swisher is hot, the whole world is happy, I swear to God.

Final Score tonight: Yankees 10 - Red Sox 2.

I will sleep like a baby tonight. Hopefully you will too.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017