Tuesday, October 2, 2012

THE BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE NEWSSTAND XVII

Another Newsstand is right here for all you BYB readers.  Once again, and I cannot thank you enough, thanks for making this post series so popular.  When you read it, you're sharing it, and I hope you do the same with this one.  Read up, watch the video and enjoy this! Thanks.

Joe Girardi won't be canned: Hal Steinbrenner told a bunch of reporters, according to ESPN's Andrew Marchand (HERE), that no jobs are in jeopardy on the Yanks. According to Marchand, "'Jobs are not riding on this,' Steinbrenner said, speaking to a small group of reporters in the corridors of Yankee Stadium. Steinbrenner said the team examines everything in the off season, but he seemed to be satisfied with Girardi and all of the Yankees' personnel."  Hey, good to know. Look, I've softened on Girardi over the past 2 years, and I know I'm in the minority here.  Managing a team of big names and big personalities is never easy. If it was, the Red Sox would be in the playoffs.  All I'm saying is, you try taking the reigns of the Yankees one game, it's no easy task. 


I love the Old Stuff: I found this video on You Tube and it's worth watching.  It's the pre-game footage of the 1964 World Series between the New York Yankees and St. Louis Cardinals.  I love the old footage and this stuff, which I believe is silent, is just terrific.  Share this one, it's a relic.


Here comes the conspiracy theory: The Yankees played the Red Sox last night and the lineup looked like a bunch of spring training tryouts.  Guys like Daniel Nava and Mauro Gomez, Ryan Lavarnway and Che-Hsuan Lin.  Now, I'm not exactly sure why Bobby Valentine did that, but I can see it now, God forbid the Orioles DON'T win the division and the Yankees do, somehow Buck will bitch that the Red Sox "helped" the Yankees win.  Now, we all know it's bull, but I believe it's coming. It's my own theory, but stay tuned...


The Charleston Riverdogs Review: Thanks to Sean Houston, he was able to provide his interview with Carlos Mendoza on recapping the Dogs 2012 season.  Special thanks to the Riverdogs who have brought us updates on their season all year long and we hope to continue our great relationship with them in 2013. Many thanks!


The Long Road Back: No, Adam Greenberg is not a Yankee, but he is a ballplayer who got a tough break and still came all the way back.  You see, Greenberg, in his first at bat with Chicago Cubs 7 years was plunked on the helmet and has had head problems ever since.  Finally, after a lot of hard work and dedication to the game he loved, the Miami Marlins signed him to a 1 day contract and today he will bat lead-off for 1 at-bat for the Marlins. Read about on Greenwichtime.com HERE.  Congrats kid, Good luck!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017