Saturday, August 11, 2012

THE BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE NEWSSTAND XII


Once again, here are a bunch of nuggets not worthy of an entire post... so we put them in the Bleeding Yankee Blue Newsstand, a widely popular post for all you dedicated readers. Have a cup of coffee...happy reading, after all,  we freaking love you all.

(Photo credit: Thomas A. Ferrara) 
THE COMEBACK KID:  I read Newsday a lot lately.  It seems like they have the scoop on a lot of stuff happening.  For instance, Pedro Feliciano is coming.  We don’t know when, but soon.  According to Eric Boland, Feliciano has thrown batting practice in Tampa could be cleared to start a rehab assignment ‘very soon’. Read it all HERE.  Then, it was revealed that he HAD a rehab session, allowing 1 hit and striking out 3. Read HERE. A September call up anyone? Look, I have always believed that 2 lefties in the Yankees pen would be valuable (Read THE EXTRA LEFTY THE YANKEES NEVER HAD), how about 3?  I love what Boone Logan and Clay Rapada have done and to add another lefty like Feliciano could prove to be dynamic. That’s right, I said dynamic.
 

ANTI-MONEYBALL:  I hate Sabermetrics. I’m an old fart that believes that if you can’t tell what a player does by average, doubles, stolen bases and home runs, go watch Soccer.  That being said, some people swear by it, that’s fine, that’s their opinion of course.  There seems to be a new movie coming out by Clint Eastwood called Trouble with the Curve that, if you watch the trailer, it seems like he, playing an old time scout, hate Sabermetrics too.  Damn, maybe I’m turning in Clint.  That’s fine with me.  Check out the trailer.  I’m actually looking forward to seeing this film.  It comes out in September.

TRIBE TROUBLE? This is hilarious.  It’s a parody about the Cleveland Indians and the trouble they’ve been having now as a franchise.  It’s all in good fun.  I don’t truly hate any team… except the Red Sox, so this is merely posted just for a laugh, I didn’t make it.  Enjoy this.

Now check out the original Indians Campaign above. Fun stuff.

SHORTS IN BASEBALL…NOT:  On August 8th, many things happened in history, but did you know it’s the 36th Anniversary of the Chicago White Sox wearing shorts as part of their uniform? Freaking ridiculous right? There is a deep history to this actually, and you can read about it HERE, but you know me, I’m a baseball nut so I needed to at least bring this to you and not ignore it.  Bravo to Hardball Talk. No one does it better than Craig Calcaterra and that's where I read it. Happy Anniversary White Sox…I think.


TIP OF THE CAP: Lady Loves Pinstripes mentioned Bleeding Yankee Blue HERE, not by name of course, why would anyone do that?  No, she mentioned our link in her piece about AJ Burnett and how Pittsburgh must be pretty happy now, after all they have a great pitcher in Burnett, while we didn’t when he was in the Bronx. It almost seems like she blasts the Yankee fans for his demise, although, I'm not so sure I'd go that far.  She highlighted a piece I wrote back in the day titled WHY CRUCIFYING AJ BURNETT NEEDS TO STOP, But all I was suggesting was we didn't need to pile on.  Let's just let him pitch and hopefully he would work out the kinks.  That was when the world hated AJ and I was merely suggesting to give him a chance.   We also recently wrote THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER IN PITTSBURGH about AJ’s rejuvenation.  Anyway you slice it, you need to give Burnett a tip of the cap…as well as Lady Loves Pinstripes… that’s for the acknowledgment.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017