Wednesday, August 15, 2012

PETTITTE, BRANYAN & JOHNNY PESKY

Just wanted to keep everyone who reads BYB in the loop on a few guys...

Andy Pettitte: Pettitte needs to go real slow.  That's the consensus right now.  If he rushes and his leg doesn't heal quite right, we can pretty much call it a season.  That's what the Boston Herald HERE and USA Today HERE are reporting.  Look, I've said it once and twice and I'll say it again.  Sure, we want Andy Pettitte back, but we don't want him back hurt.  If it's not in the cards for the Yankees and he's not healthy by September 10th, or 14th, it's pretty safe to say we won't see Andy Pettitte this season.  If things heal well and Andy appears ready to go, we'll have him just in time for the post season, his favorite time of year.  That being said, you never know what he can offer at that point. Again, it's just a matter of when Pettitte's 40 year old body is ready.  We'll keep you posted, but I'm not banking on Andy this season, I hate to break it to you.  Here is a portion of that Boston Herald report: "Pettitte said he feels 'really good.' He’s playing long toss this week and riding a stationary bike, waiting for clearance from his doctor to throw off a mound. 'That’s all I care about. I’m trying to just do what they tell me to do and take it as easy as I possibly can until I can get on the mound. That’ll give me an idea of when I can be ready,' Pettitte said. 'I know now that if I have another setback that we’ve got serious problems and my season’s probably over. Now we’re probably going to be overcautious and try to figure out what we can do just to make sure I’m back and what I need to get ready.'"  Stay tuned...

Russell Branyan: This happened a few days ago, but important to us Yankee fans considering many of us wanted to see Branyan kick the crap out of the ball in the Bronx.  I guess we're never going to see that happen.  It turns out Branyan was released by the Yanks...read HERE. While in Scranton, Branyan had 11 home runs and a .309 average in 110 At Bats. No doubt, if the Yankees had room for him, he'd be up... the timing seemed to be wrong and we here at BYB wish Branyan well.

Johnny Pesky: Look, I may be a Yankee fan with absolutely no liking for the Red Sox... but I'm also human.  I wanted to take a moment as a baseball fan to let the Pesky family know I am sorry for their loss.  Johnny Pesky was a player that was loved in Boston, but his passing wasn't just a loss for the Sox, it was also a loss for baseball.  Rest in Peace Johnny...1919-2012.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017