Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MVP MELKY & THE NL STOMP THE AL 8-0

This is why baseball is the greatest game in the world.  No one would have predicted that Justin Verlander would be slapped around in the first inning, yet everyone knew Tony LaRussa would be a douche and wait until after the 6th inning to bring in RA Dickey.  LaRussa's predictable. This game was not.  I didn't expect the National League to jump out so fast and continue to pile on...but they did.

A few moments I liked tonight:
  • Melky Cabrera's home run, but more importantly, I loved the facial expression of Melky when he passed Robinson Cano with his hand out and Cano didn't slap it. A funny moment between friends.  It meant nothing, but it's  moments like this that make you smile.  It's the alliance to a team for those three hours. Cano was AL, Melky was NL and for that second, they were enemies...even though they're best friends.
  • Melky also won the MVP last night.  Good for him, maybe the Yankees will thing twice about trying to bring him back.
  •  RA Dickey finally coming into pitch. I believe he should have started but whatever the case, he did a great job pitching a scoreless inning.  How can you not like RA Dickey and his journey.
  • A 3 run scoring triple by Pablo Sandoval. I'm an American League guy, but I loved that hit.
The National League won this one big time. The final score: NL 8 - AL 0.

Finally, let me say this.  I wasn't going to comment on the Kansas City Royals fans because, as a Yankee fan, I've been to games where the crowd gets rowdy and some times boos and jeers happen and probably shouldn't.  That's baseball.  If a Red Sox player is introduced, you boo if you're a Yankee fan. The same goes on the other side.  I get that.  I also got it when the Royals fans booed Robinson Cano for not "picking" Billy Butler for the Home Run derby.  Sure, a few boos at the Home Run Derby actually made sense to me. So I kept my mouth shut...But then, it continued... and continued and it didn't stop and last night at the All-Star game it was worse than the previous night.

Now, I say this...ENOUGH'S ENOUGH. Get over it. The Royals fans now piled on and I don't even know if they knew why they're booing Cano anymore. It was stupid at that point.  Last night there were reports that the Royals fans actually booed Cano's family at Kauffman stadium as they were going into the bathroom. Here are some of the tweets below:

I agree with Mark Simon and Mark Feinsand. What the hell did Robinson Cano's family do? What happened to respect? I don't even mean respect for a baseball player like the standing ovation the fans gave Chipper Jones last night.

I'm talking about human respect?  This is a family supporting their blood at an All-Stat game, leave them out of it.  If it is actually true that booing toward innocent people took place, that may be the most classless, idiotic and lowest thing you can do as a fan.  Shame on those of you who did it... get a life.

OK... I'm done ranting. The second half of the baseball season starts again soon... I can't wait.

 ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017