Friday, July 13, 2012

MR. OCTOBER & BEATING A DEAD HORSE


I’ll tell you what, this Reggie Jackson stuff is overdone.  First he made those comments to Sports Illustrated, naming names on who should and who shouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame, and then he blasts Alex Rodriguez and Andy Pettitte and incorporates the PED's issue into it.  Read HEREAlex Rodriguez commented after that interview and said “With friends like that, who needs enemies?”  It’s true, I have stated my sadness for how Reggie handled that interview.  Sure, "Reggie is Reggie" but saying that is also a cop-out.  I believe that Reggie’s allowed to have an opinion on players, but I also believe he shouldn’t have threw current Yankee players under the bus while he was getting paid by the Yankees as an advisor.  You don’t pee where you eat.  You just don’t.  

After all that, it was reported that the Yankees banned Reggie from the clubhouse so he wouldn’t be a distraction and I actually felt like that was a smart idea. Reggie then came out and said the agreement was mutual.  OK...Whatever, I do think he should leave for a bit.  I was mad at Reggie a few days ago.  But today, I feel bad for him.
It appears to me that Reggie Jackson has had the balls taken away from him, the same balls that made him the arrogant ballplayer in the late 70’s that we Yankee fans absolutely loved in pinstripes.  Reggie released what appears to be a forced statement apologizing...again!  But it doesn’t sound like Reggie Jackson if you read it. I can almost picture him writing it with Hank holding a gun to his head. My opinion on all of this is simple…Reggie made an apology before this statement and after he was told to stay away from the Yankees for a bit, I found that to be acceptable and over.  So I don't think that Reggie Jackson needed to release another statement.  I suspect however, and it’s just me speculating now, that the Yankee organization wanted to “make sure” everyone knew the Yankees are “doing everything” to punish Reggie.  Beat a dead horse, why don’t we?  Reggie’s already down, he apologized, I have news for you, I don’t need another statement from Reggie, he already feels bad.  Here’s some of that statement anyway:

“This was inappropriate and unfair to those players, some of which are very close friends of mine. I think there are ways to speak from the heart without hurting people, and I’m disappointed that I didn’t take greater care in expressing my views.”  Read the piece HERE.

Reggie, come on, that’s so not necessary! Yes, you named names in that interview and  I didn’t like that, but you apologized already. Unless the Yankees made you release that statement, you didn’t have to.

As far as I’m concerned, right now Reggie is forgiven, because I don’t want to see Mr. October with his manhood taken away from him like that. We don't need to see this stud with his tail between his legs and to me, that’s what statement looked like. 

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017