Friday, July 13, 2012

THE BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE NEWSSTAND X

The newsstand has become popular and I appreciate you guys reading it. Sure there are a ton of little stories out there that deserve a mention, but sometimes I can’t fill an entire post with the story.  That’s where the BYB Newsstand comes in.  Thanks for supporting it and BYB…we’ll keep doing this until it doesn’t become fun anymore.

BERNIE TAKES THE BUS:  Here we go again.  Remember a while back I had taken a bus and I wrote I HAD NO IDEA BRIAN WILSON WAS ON THIS BUS! Well, here we go again I can't believe Bernie Williams takes NJ Transit.  I had to go to Port Authority yesterday and Bernie Williams apparently takes New Jersey Transit, I saw him boarding a bus!  Destination unknown.  How do I know it was Bernie? He was wearing his #51 jersey…Duh!
    
JOSE CANSECO WON’T GO AWAY: I found this on YouTube and I’ll tell you what, I guess you have to give Jose Canseco credit.  Companies still want the guy representing their companies and who am I to criticize, this is America, the land of opportunity.  If he can make a few bucks selling Old Milwaukee, more power to him.  To be honest, I have no idea when this commercial ran… but give it a look.


THE SYDNEY BLUE SOX: Baseball is global mate.  That’s why the World Baseball League was so fun to watch a few years back.  As a kid, every once in a while I would find old Japanese baseball cards in card shops and I’d buy them. They cost nothing to buy and no one I knew had them.  Over the past year I have been following the Sydney Blue Sox on Twitter and I wanted to give this team and the league, the ABL, Australian Baseball League a plug.  The Sox have been around for a few years now and have guys leading the charge there…names like pitcher Chris Oxspring and first baseman Boss Moanaroa.  Look, I’m a baseball nut and I’ll watch competitive baseball all day long.  I’d love to watch alittle of the Sydney Blue Sox and if you are in or near Sydney Australia and can catch a game, do it.  To get ticket information, click HERE or just to read more about them, go HERE.

DID ESPN ADDRESS THE STEROID ERA IN THEIR HOME RUN DERBY OPEN? Look, PEDs are icky.  I hate the idea of steroids in baseball and as a father now, I hate when the conversation comes up because I have to actually sit down and explain right from wrong  with my kids and while it’s my responsibility to explain PEDs… it’s an added conversation that was unfairly handed to me.  I simple explain cheating and stay away from the sensitive stuff. That being said, I found this line in the Home Run Derby opening of the show quite interesting.  They actually say: “This is a game where accomplishments are respected, recorded and debated."
They used the word “debated” and showed images of Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds and to me, that is them hinting that PEDs had made baseball a mess, it exists and is very much alive in baseball today. In other words, there is and will soon be more, much bigger discussions as future stars start to break records.  Look, maybe I'm looking too closely at it, I just found it interesting because do a very long time, many have tip-toed around it.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017