Sunday, July 22, 2012

BARRY LARKIN & RON SANTO ENTER THE HALL

I just wanted to say Congratulations to both Barry Larkin and Ron Santo for being voted in the Baseball Hall of Fame today, a beautiful day.

I watched Barry Larkin play and before Derek Jeter, there was no shortstop that I admired more...Cal Ripken Jr is also included in my list of course.  They are all professionals, and all played like the game they were in was their last.  Love the passion and because of guys like these, so many others fell in love with the game.

I was alittle young to see Santo play, but Lord knows this Hall ceremony is long overdue. It's just a damn shame Ron wasn't here to see it.  I know he's looking down right now, seeing Lou Piniella, who is in attendance today (Read HERE) and seeing old teammates and the Hall of Fame itself and he's thinking, "I put on that Cubs cap everyday believing... and I never stopped."  I believe that.

Look, I'm not going to do what others are doing today, comparing these players with other players in the Hall of Fame. That's another debate for another day. Today is about Larkin and Santo.  It's a special day and I don't want to ruin it. 

Congrats to Mr. Larkin and the Santo family...today is a wonderful day for baseball.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017