Monday, June 18, 2012

YANKEES WIN 10 IN A ROW, BEAT THE BRAVES

The best part about the Yankees winning streak is that I can sit here every night and post pictures of the past Yankee greats that have worn the pinstripes before our heroes on the field right now and "feel the vibe" of the old timers rubbing off on our 2012 team. I love this...we're moving closer and closer toward our goal... #28.
The Yankees won their 10th straight game tonight and the train keeps on rolling. Unbelievable.  I keep wanting to pinch myself, then I realize I don't want to...this is a good ride.  CC Sabathia went 9 innings, a complete game. He struck out 10, allowed 7 hits and only 2 runs. Pure dominance, that's what CC Monster does when he's on and I love this guy, but you know that already!

The offense was simple, Mark Teixeira and Robinson Cano homered tonight.  Derek Jeter and Russell Martin were both 2-4. Jeter also had 3 RBIs tonight. Love that. 


Let's also realize there were plenty of strikeouts tonight, Alex Rodriguez, Tex and Martin struck out twice each and Andruw Jones struck out 3 times.  There's something missing when that happens. I'm most aggravated at Alex who's been striking out a hell of a lot lately...he's lost.  Also, there were 11 men left on base.  That being said, the postives out weigh the negatives.  Wins are wins and I'm happy about that, I just want to make sure that we're able to play small ball when we need to and not rely solely on the home run... you know what I mean?

Overall, I'm thrilled though.  The Yankees won! Keep it rolling guys, keep it rolling.

Final Score: Yankees 6 - Braves 2.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017