Saturday, June 2, 2012

YANKEES TRADE OF/1B STEVE PEARCE TO ORIOLES


(photo:  Steve Pearce)

Just a bit of news out of Yankeeland this afternoon.  The Yankees traded outfielder-first baseman Steve Pearce to the Baltimore Orioles for cash.  It's unclear exactly how much the Yankees got for Pearce.

The 29-year-old Pearce was hitting .321 with 11 home runs and 30 RBIs for the Yankees' Triple-A team so it seems to me this trade is a bit odd.  I mean, I'm no GM but only getting cash in return for Pearce seems like a steal for the Orioles.  But hey, what do I know.

BYB will continue to stay on top of all moves out of Yankeeland and will bring anything we hear right to you.


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23


ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017