Friday, June 1, 2012

REPORT: SORIANO TO STAY CLOSER. WE SAID THAT ALREADY...

Jon Heyman of CBS writes HERE that Rafael Soriano will be the closer even when David Robertson returns from his oblique strain injury.  Heyman writes "The Yankees intend to keep Rafael Soriano as the closer even after David Robertson's return from the disabled list, people familiar with their thinking suggest." 

Now I don't to sound like I'm knocking Heyman here...but I'm knocking Heyman here.  He's a baseball insider, yet he's sourcing "people familiar with their (Yankees) thinking." This is joke right? I mean, my mom told me when I was 10 not to "mess with a good thing" when I wanted to re-draw a picture for my art show.  When I wanted to change my batting stance in high school, I didn't ask the butcher down the road, I asked my coach directly.  If Jon Heyman's a baseball insider, then be an insider, not a "guy who knows a guy".

Maybe he was talking about Bleeding Yankee Blue? We just wrote WHY WE'LL KEEP BLOSSOMING WITH SORIANO CLOSING. We wrote:

"So yeah, it's obvious at this point, let's not break up the rhythm...let's keep it this way when David Robertson returns... it's the right thing to do.  Why? Here's why; Much like DRob stepping up last season when RaSo went down to become our 8th inning guy, we didn't mess with the good thing.  Now, I say this, Is Soriano is doing the job as closer consistently, a job that he absolutely loves, then don't mess with it, keep it happening.  Even DRob couldn't argue with that."

Could that be it? Could we be the "people familiar with their (Yankees) thinking?" Could a writer, er...insider actually give us credit on this common sense opinion on the Yankees pen?  No, probably not, but I think it's silly to even suggest that "people familiar with their (Yankees) thinking" would be sophisticated enough for all you Yankee fans that want real news. 

Bottom line, you're the insider Jon, not us, get inside. Geez.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017