Friday, June 22, 2012

BE LIKE MARIANO...LET YOUR TALENT DO THE TALKING

Look, I'm not going to get all huffy about this, I really don't care about Frank Francisco, but there's 1 message that's clear to me when I heard that Frankie poo called the Yankees "chicken"; Be like Mariano Rivera... pitch hard, pitch well and let your talent do the talking.

Sure, if Frank had talent, I guess he wouldn't need to blab to the New York Post, but all I'm saying is name calling at this stage in Frankie's career is just silly. That's my take anyway.  Look, It's one thing to be a lights out pitcher and talk trash about the team you're about to face.  It's another to have a horrendous season and have the "balls" to trash talk.  That's Frank Francisco, the Mets closing pitcher with a 4.97 ERA, a 1-3 record and a WHIP of 1.571.  I wouldn't be talking trash at all if I was him, I would just be happy to be playing baseball on a major league level.  This so far is the worst season of his career. Seriously, why are you even opening your mouth?

Frankie's comments about the Yankees were most likely a light hearted comment that went viral and probably overboard considering it was the opening of the Yankees, Mets series tonight. Mike Puma of the New York Post has the story HERE and this is what Frank actually said: “I can’t wait to face those chickens... I want to strike out the side against them. I’ve done it before.”
Now, can you imagine if Mariano Rivera came out and talked trash about every team he faced? What a change in attitude players would have toward Mo if he did. The difference however is Mariano is a God to MLB players, he's respected and guess what? He's damn good and has been for years. It would be dramatically different.

Now look, Frank Francisco is not an enemy of mine, but he's clearly trying to stir the pot, obviously to rile up the Mets and Mets fans and ultimately get the Yanks angry. Now, it's true, the Mets won tonight, 6-4, read HERE (and look for our recap in the morning),and Frankie poo got the save, but tonight's win wasn't because Frankie opened his big mouth...the Mets struck early and played well.  Look, my take on this is simple, if you aren't the best or close to it, like Frank Francisco, just shut up and pitch. Why? Because the bottom line is, the New York Yankees are way too cool and professional to let a fool blab about them being "chickens". In fact, all it does is anger Yankee fans... and that's about it.

Good for the Mets, they won today, but it's June. Both the Yankees and Mets have plenty of baseball to play.  So I can only say this, if it's the Yankees that make it to the playoffs and not the Mets...we'll talk about chickens then I guess, won't we Frankie?


ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017