Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WHY THIS WIN SPARKS LIFE IN MY YANKEES

The Yankees scored runs tonight and that's the most important part of being a ballplayer.  Getting hits, moving runs over, scoring.  Sure, the Yankees hit home runs... after all, they are nicknamed the "Bombers" and have been for years, but any sign that more than 3 runs can be scored on any given night with a lineup like we have, and I smell a winning streak.  It is possible that this win lights a fire under their ass and says to them..."Hey, we got this."  I believe the tide is turning...
Andy Pettitte got the win tonight and once again, it was because of good pitching that the Yankees were able to tack on runs while the pitching held down the fort and didn't allow the opposition to build a lead. Pettitte is now 2-1 and went 7 innings tonight, allowed only 2 runs and 7 hits.  He struck out 8.  David Phelps allowed the extra run in the 9th, but by then the Yankees had 8.
There were homers tonight by Curtis Granderson and Alex Rodriguez.  I suspect Alex may have just ended his slow start. 2 homers, 3 RBIs and an average that's up to .281.  Once he gets in that home run rhythm, there is no stopping him...it's getting there that I worry about.  Hopefully tonight was a sign. 
Derek Jeter was 3 for 5 tonight and had a double and scored a run.  Over all though, the Yankees showed signs of life...life that makes me believe that whatever rut they were in...well, hopefully it's over.  They'll have tomorrow off, travel to Oakland and start fresh there.  I believe this is all a good sign and I'm thrilled with tonight's win.

Final Score: Yankees 8 - Royals 3. The Yankees take the series... I like that... I like it a lot.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017