Monday, May 7, 2012

WHY I STILL LOVE "CASEY AT THE BAT"

Look, I am a true fan of Casey at the Bat, the poem written by Ernest Thayer. I have read it as a kid and have read it to my kids and have seen the Disney cartoon a millions times, and still love it.  It teaches anyone interested in the game valuable lessons about ego and talent and being humble and all that stuff.   Baseball is a game of failure, so the only way to get good is practice, practice, practice and to be honest, as good as you may think you are, there's always someone better. I just wanted to share this with you this morning, on the Yankees off day. Enjoy this and share it. Again, it's been apart of me since I was about 7 and I still love it now...and I'm 40.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017