Friday, May 25, 2012

2 TEAMS WANT CERVELLI... ACCORDING TO CERVELLI


I try to stay on  top of everything I can for you.  Plus, BYB has some pretty fun writers who get you the info as it's happening, but what we want to do is entertain you too, while bringing you some information and cut through the B.S. We do NOT want to bore you here at Bleeding Yankee Blue, that's our goal.

That being said, there were  plenty of blogs out there the past 48 hours that had a peculiar nugget, that, to be quite honest, we could not find a top source for let alone multiple sources other than blogs. To tell you the truth, Cervelli said it and he appears to be the only source I could find. Weird.

The report was simple, a Venezuelan Newspaper interviewed Francisco Cervelli about the minors. That story is HERE from the Laverdad.com's Wilma Queen and no where else.  Cervelli told the paper: "I got the information that there are two teams interested in me."  But earlier in that piece he's quoted as saying "I know nothing about baseball, not in the news." I'm confused.

Now look, I guess you call it a Laverdad.com Exclusive, they appear to be the only "paper" to have it, but I'm not sure what to make of this. The fact of the matter is, if it was a much bigger story, there'd be followup with Brian Cashman or maybe even the New York Post or someone else would give it some play.  But no, this nugget was buried and while I'm curious, I'm not getting excited...yet.
For arguments sake, let’s say Cervelli isn't lying but instead positive that 2 teams are interested in him, what happens next? What's the plan? Yes, this is a rumor and usually rumors are true but I think we all need to sit and wait this out.  If the stories is true, I suspect Cervelli is the odd man out this season and I’m afraid to admit it, but I see the Yankees trading Francisco. I wrote about it, read WHY CERVELLI COULD BE TRADED THIS WINTER because I had a hunch then that the guy was about the be shipped off.  Look, I wasn't right about the time frame, but I'm close, meaning, I don't believe the Yankees want Cervelli hanging around.  Why you ask? Because I actually found it pretty horrible that after trying to make the team, the Yankees, on the last day of Spring Training sign Chris Stewart and ship Cervelli down to AAA.  Read WHY CERVELLI'S THE ODD MAN OUT.  Yes, Chris Stewart is a defensive upgrade and so far he’s done a good job, but I almost felt like it was handled poorly.  That being said, all that may not matter soon enough. Maybe, just maybe Cervell’s right. Maybe teams are interested and maybe by the trade deadline Cervelli will be leaving the Bronx. It's been on my mind for a while now...I guess we’ll have to stay tuned and see. In the meantime...I'm going to continue to try and find more sources to this nugget...a nugget that should have received more play than it did...bizarre, right?
ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. As much as I love having him around, trading him may be a good idea. The problem is, he isn't exactly helping his trade value with how he is playing. He's a good kid and deserves a chance and it's obvious that he is not in the Yankees future plans.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017