Monday, April 16, 2012

WHY NOVA & THE YANKEES WERE DYN-O-MITE!

I don't know why but I didn't expect Ivan Nova to be too good last night, especially coming off Saturday's loss. I was wrong... he was Dyn-O-Mite! Nova looked loose and sure, he started to break down as the game went on, but let's be honest Nova looked good and he kept the Yankees in it. Luckily Girardi knew how to handle the pitchers last night and pushed the right buttons too. Here's Nova's line: 6 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 8 K, 2 Walks. He's now 2-0 on the season. Part of it was the Yankees terrific hitting and run support. We looked like the New York Yankees... I love that.Derek Jeter continues to dominate. Don't forget, the world wrote Jeter off...not me and not Bleeding Yankee Blue. We knew .270 in 2009 was a fluke. Last season after his 3000th hit, he really turned it on and was just shy of .300 and this year he's well past where he was to begin last season. There is no doubt about it, Jeet is clutch and it's good to see him hitting so well.

Alex Rodriguez
made some terrific defensive plays last night. He looked quick in the hot corner and you gotta love the way he's moving around these days. When Alex is healthy, good things happen. Raul Ibanez homered in the 7th inning and it's good to see him hitting. He's 2-4 with 3 RBIs.

Rafael Soriano, David Robertson and Boone Logan came in the game last night. Soriano struggled a bit but not DRob and Logan...Logan had three strikeouts as well.

On a side note, and I cannot believe I'm saying this, I loved listening to Terry Francona and Orel Hershiser in the box. Not only were the ESPN guys complimentary of the Yankees, Tito and Orel just sounded like they were having fun with the game...not a bunch of tight asses and not slanted the Angels way...they were fair for a change. Kudos gentlemen.

It was a big win last night. Remember... and this is important, winning each series will get you to the playoffs, if the Yankees continue to win 2 of 3 in every series, we will get to the playoffs...not to rush you, just want to make sure you know where I'm coming from... that's all.Also, I applaud major league baseball for having every player wear #42 to honor the late, great Jackie Robinson. It's the best day in baseball and I love honoring the man. I can't imagine major league baseball without guys like Torii Hunter and Ivan Nova and Curtis Granderson and Derek Jeter. Thank God for Jackie... thank you Major League Baseball.

Final Score: Yankees 11 - Angels 5. Sorry for the morning recap...even I need to sleep.

Next stop, the Twins, I'm looking forward to it.
ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017