Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WHY THERE'S NO PANIC IN YANKEELAND, DROB IS BACK

Well... not exactly back...but close. The latest news coming out of spring training is David Robertson has ditched his walking boot and he’s played catch with no pain. This report is coming from Chad Jennings from LoHud and you can read him HERE. But read me for a moment… this is a big deal. Last week many of us expressed panic hearing that David Robertson got hurt. While it would have been temporary, you just never know how a foot will heal and to what extent the injury is until the healing process begins. Injuries suck, look at Eduardo Nunez who got hit in the right hand with a ball last week, he’s finally be shut down for a few days because he still feels pain, yet, doctors told him all tests came back negative. Only you know your body. Read our Nunez piece called WHY NUNEZ HAS A BRUISED HAND MYSTERY.

The best part is DRob feels as though he will be in the bullpen by Opening day. Look, my opinion on this is simple, there is no need to rush, even if it’s a week later, it will all work out. But in reference to being available on April 6th, Robertson said this:

“It feels much better... I don’t have any of that soreness I was having in the middle of my foot…"

No doubt we all love Houdini and it’s a sigh of relief that he’s on his way back. We’re all looking for another big year from the kid. I know I am.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017