Tuesday, February 14, 2012

WHY I GOT A.J. ON MY MIND



So like every Yankee fan right now I am just sitting and waiting to see what will happen with A.J. Burnett.  There is so much discussion on a potential trade with the Pirates that I would be surprised if it didn't happen.  But hey, I've been surprised before so I can't say I would not be 100% surprised if the trade stalled, but  I would be kind of shocked.


As of this moment, there is really no movement on a potential trade involving the Yankees and Pirates but here is a nuggest that caught my eye this morning.  NY Post Yankees beat writer Joel Sherman is saying the "momentum for the Yankees and Pirates to complete a deal in which A.J. Burnett would move to Pottsburgh stayed strong last night, though the teams remained apart on dollars and the type of prospects that would be included."  Sherman went on to report, "The key number, as of last night, appeared to be $13 million.  If the Pirates were willing to go north of that, the Yankees would be more amenable to taking on middling prospects."  You can read the entire Sherman piece HERE but here is what I am taking from this article and all the chatter around this trade:  The Yankees are more interested in dumping as much of A.J.'s salary as possible, period! 


The Yankees don't seem to be concerned about which prospects they get as long as they are not paying most of Burnett's remaining $33-million.  What that tells me is, the Yanks definitely are not done with addind pop to this lineup in the form of a power hitting DH.  team The Yankees are clearly looking to take A.J.'s money and give it to a Johnny Damon or Raul Ibanez.  My money is on Ibanez but if the Pirates don't eat more of A.J.'s salary than I think Russell Branyan will be the left handed DH for the time being.

Anyway, be sure to keep BYB page open and refresh often for any new on A.J.  You can also #BYB on twitter for any news on A.J. or the Yankees.


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23


Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017