Friday, February 3, 2012

WHY GIRARDI HAS IDEAS FOR THE YANKEES DH

MLB's Bryan Hoch, one of best reporters out there writes HERE about Girardi being quite vocal about the Yankees and the need to add 1 more bat in his opinion before Spring training. This is what the blog world has been talking about Joe, thank God you spoke up.

Yes, it's true that some of you like the idea of going into Spring Training with what we have, seeing how it goes, maybe getting some of the kids some innings pitched or at bats to see what they have. I love that idea of mixing in the youngsters with the veterans, but let's face it, we have a nice short deck in right field and we could use a lefty to crank it out of there at least 20 to 25 times season.
Enter Joe Girardi. Bryan Hoch has some quotes from Joe talking about 3 of the candidates, Raul Ibanez, Hideki Matsui or Johnny Damon as well as his thoughts that a DH may be needed:

"I think it will be helpful; I do, I think we've had a good offseason; I think Brian has done a really good job this offseason in what he's done. But I think it's important to our club that you add that other bat. The American League is going to be tough."

So far so good and I'm on point with Joe. But then he said something interesting. Something I've been supporting this whole winter, the fact that former Yankees should come home to roost again... Johnny Damon or Hideki Matsui, one more time. That being said, this is what Hoch wrote:"Girardi said that their history in pinstripes wouldn't necessarily give them an edge over Ibanez.

"'When you think about Raul Ibanez, he has had success wherever he has [gone]," Girardi said. "There could be other things that could happen; I can't tell you it is going to be one of those three guys, or anyone. But obviously, we know they know how to play here.'"

Not that this is a big surprise, because it's not... Business is business, even I get that. If the Yankees find a guy that they believe can contribute and he's NOT a former Yankee, that's fine, especially if they think it works for them. My only reasoning for someone like Matsui or Damon was we are familiar with what they can offer and they in turn are used to the pressures of being a New York Yankee. That being said, I'm behind my boys 100% no matter who they choose.

Look Ladies and Gentlemen, Spring Training is coming fast and furious, bottom line. I'd like an extra bat just like Joe... let's hope we get it to complete the puzzle...Go Yanks!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017