Monday, December 12, 2011

WHY YANKEELAND COULD DO MORE

It’s always easier to look in an see the flaws. After all, we’re die-hard Yankee fans and we know what works and what doesn’t, but do we really? I mean, I was hell bent on getting Mark Buehrle in pinstripes and I thought for sure it would be a nice fit, but Cashman never really engaged Buehrle’s agent and when I wrote WHY VOUCHING FOR BUEHRLE WILL GIVE MARLINS THE UPPER HAND, I knew for sure that Guillen relationship would cement his future in Miami. ESPN had this story just yesterday echoing that statement. Buehrle glad to join Ozzie Guillen was the headline. You really don't need to read anything else. But, it’s the holiday season and, at the end of the day, one can dream for a Christmas gift, can’t one? I mean, he's not an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle, but he would have been a good edition to the Yankees at least... Anyway, now I'm just rambling.
For all of you who thought CJ Wilson was coming to New York, I’m sorry your dreams were crushed, but it was clear reading the reports that Cashman and the Yankee brass were just not interested. The good news is the Red Sox didn’t get him, but the bad news is the Angels are about to kick ass with a great rotation and Albert Pujols… holy crap, wasn’t that a surprise.
The Yankees don’t have much but that may be Brian Cashman’s plan. Did you ever think that he actually knows what he’s doing? Look, I do, yet, I'm frustrated. We don't exactly have a rotation that can win it all and sure, he wants Hector Noesi to compete for a starting role, that's fair, but I'm not resting all my eggs in this Yankee rotation basket of CC and Co. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hopefully it's a big time starters shoe.
The good news is Cashman is in control and I like that. He trusts his players, he likes the team we have on the field and yes, if they can ship off AJ Burnett for some pitching or defense in return, that’s good too, but for the most part, Cashman’s content. Weird right?
Personally, I know the Yankees could do more. I know we need a pitcher to better our rotation and I wrote about it in WHY THERE NEEDS TO BE SUPPORT FOR CC MONSTER. It’s a fact, you bring a big guy like that back and you best help him out or eventually, he’s gonna want out of the Bronx. I know, I know, CC’s with us long term, but if he continues on his solid path of 19 plus wins a season and no one else in the Yankee rotation is stepping up, he’s going to want to leave town for sure. Truth be told, we don’t know what Phil Hughes can do and there is no stability with AJ Burnett. Ivan Nova could in fact be bothered by the Tom Verducci effect and that leaves our anchor Freddy Garcia. Way too many question marks, and while the world is now watching to see if the Yankees will win rights to negotiate with Yu Darvish, the reality is, he’s a Japanese pitcher that has never pitched in our Major Leagues. Believe it or not, that’s another very big question mark.
We need a pitcher… not a belly itcher, and I feel like Cash is belly itching right now. I can only imagine he has something up his sleeve and he’s about to reveal it, whether by trade for a Gio Gonzalez type or perhaps a Matt Garza, but something’s coming, I’m convinced of it… what however is a big mystery…stay tuned…
Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017