Saturday, October 1, 2011

WHY IT'S ABOUT MONEY, NOT THE FANS

Last night I was ready for some baseball and we had the best CC Sabathia we've ever had. He looked electric and everything was working for him last night. Then the rain fell...and fell...and fell. All we heard about was there was a "window" where the rain would stop and the 2 teams could eventually play ball. The rain was expected to start again around midnight. Perfect right? Wrong. That never happened. Eventually the game was called.

It was clear to me that this was about money. TBS did their best tap dance until we knew the game was called, but they were terrible. They had nothing to talk about but to show CC Sabathia's foot slipping as his lead foot settled in his delivery. I think I heard at least three times they "had no new information" coming out of the Bronx. Loyal fans stuck around and watched Eckersley, David Wells and Cal Ripken Jr, talk over each other until finally...they wrapped it up. But what really got me thinking was the "window" they kept mentioning. If you don't know what I mean, I'll explain. When there is a rain, the "experts" look at the weather pattern to determine if there is a length of time where the rain stops, hence, the "window" that the teams can get the game in.

Last night they kept hinting about how they knew it was going to rain on Saturday and they were concerned about getting Game 1 in. Meanwhile if you live in the Tri-State area, you know it was going to be gorgeous today. You could have looked at Weather.com last night like I did. Today was gorgeous enough to, shall I say, play baseball.

So you're thinking "What's your point, your annoying!" My point is this... if everyone was so anal about looking for a "window" to play ball last night, why in the hell wouldn't they considered a "window" to play this afternoon. Today, between 1 and 5, it was beautiful. It's Greed... and I hate it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is all about them, not about us, the fans who just want to see our teams play. It's Saturday... people are home. The fans will come if you put the game on today, this afternoon, hell, this morning. Any would have been ideal. Instead, we're all worrying about dodging raindrops, and I can't stand it.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017