Sunday, October 2, 2011

WHY ANDY PETTITTE IS BACK

"Unless God works a miracle and gives me that desire... I don't see any chance," --Andy Pettitte said of a comeback.
Will Andy Pettitte come back? Kind of. He's not going to be a surprise rotation add, but Andy will be at Yankee Stadium today to throw out the ceremonial first pitch.

Andy Pettitte is a staple in Yankees postseason play and I miss the guy. I love Pettitte, I wish the guy could pitch forever.
I snagged this quote from the Bergen Record: "'Standing right here, you miss it. You'd love to be out there whenever you get around the environment," Pettitte told reporters on the field Saturday afternoon at Yankee Stadium."

According to Pete Caldera "Pettitte made it a point to not watch much baseball this year, but he got caught up in all the wild regular season finishes. "So, that gets you excited for (the playoffs), sure.'"
The Yankees also invited Andy's wife Laura to sing the National Anthem before the game today.

Take a look at Andy Pettitte's Post season numbers over the years on both the Yankees and the Astros:
19-10, 3.83 ERA, 42 G, 263 IP, 173 K

Looking forward to seeing you Andy...Welcome home.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017