Monday, July 4, 2011

WHY THERE ARE STARS ON THE 4TH OF JULY

The Yankees are All-Stars, we know that, but having 6 guys from the Yankees selected and going to the actual All-Star game is damn special. Robinson Cano, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson will be in the starting lineup for the American League team and you have to love that. Read it HERE. It's very special to be selected to such an elite group of players. In fact, when we interviewed Roy White in EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: ROY WHITE, I asked this question:

BYB: You made the All-Star team in 1969 and 1970. Clearly that is a game the most talented get chosen to play. What was it like when you found out you had been chosen?

Roy said this: "It was unbelievable. I thought that I had no shot because fans didn’t vote back then.... Being on the same field as guys like Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Al Kaline, and Frank Robinson is a position I never thought that I would be in"

I love that. It's special, quite special to be among the best in baseball and while the game doesn't count, it's great for the fans to watch. I personally worry a bit during the All-Star game because bottom line, these are your best stars representing your favorite team and because the game doesn't count, you don't want to have them getting hurt out there. It's supposed to be fun, yet, I still love to watch it.

In addition to Cano, A-Rod, Derek and Granderson, Russell Martin and Mariano Rivera have been named as All-Stars via the player vote. Martin is a reserve. That's 6 New York Yankees and they deserve it, although, not to be selfish, but I'd love to see Mark Teixeira and David Robertson there as well. That's just me.

Congrats boys, Congrats.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017