Thursday, July 14, 2011

WHY COLON'S MESS BECAME YANKEES NIGHTMARE

(Photo: New York Times)
Well... I've been talking about "when" or "if" a lot. What I mean by that is, "when" or "if" Colon and/or Garcia will break down. By "break down", I mean 2 things... they become injured and are unable to pitch or they shit the bed and the Yankees get nothing out of them each start. I pray to God that tonight was just a bad day. If it wasn't, we have big problems and you can chalk this up as a horrendous start to the second half of 2011.
(Photo: Getty)
Bartolo Colon didn't get out of the 1st inning. OK, I can see this happening in Little League... you walk to first 2 batters and next thing you know there's a rally and you see the poor kid crying on the mound. But this is the major leagues and not only that, this is Bartolo Colon, the guy we were all calling the Yankee ace, second to CC, just a week and a half ago. What the hell just happened? Colon gave up 6 hits, 8 runs and 2 walks and I'm scratching my head. Colon's last outing he didn't have command. Tonight, he didn't either...something is up and Yoda Rothschild better start looking at some tape of Colon's delivery because it's clear to me that something ain't right.

And let's talk about errors. This one is for my buddy Scott.

Dear Scott,

It is clear to me that if Eduardo Nunez was Designated Hitter, I would be much more fond of him. But due to the fact that Jorge Posada and Andruw Jones both fill the DH role, there is only 1 thing Nunez can do... LEARN TO PLAY DEFENSE WITHOUT MAKING ERRORS.

Fondly,
Casey

Nunez, who has a great bat, cannot catch a ball in front of him, next to him, slightly out of reach of him or stuck TO him. He is probably the worst defensive player I have ever seen in the Yankee history. Errors on the pro level cannot happen. To do it in the first inning tonight was costly. Errors truly are something that pros can't make during a game, that's why they have an "E" spot on the scoreboard, because if you make an error, it's God Damn embarrassing. I equate it to shaming, except Nunez is doing nothing to improve. I hate errors and I'm starting to not like Nunez in the field. OK, I'm done with my rant on that.

Now, climbing out of a hole is difficult and to the Yankees credit, they came back tonight and it was 9-7 at one point, but what can you say, it is what it is. The Blue Jays just kept scoring and the Yankees didn't. It was a lousy night to lose like this because momentum is definitely not on their side right now. They need to turn it around tomorrow.

Read the full game report HERE, but know that I'm disgusted right now and just know that players like Curtis Granderson, Mark Teixeira, Nick Swisher, Russell Martin, Brett Gardner and Andruw Jones all tried their best to get some runs in, but it was too late. (Photo: Getty)
Jones hit 2 homers tonight, if I had to name a player of the game for a loss, it goes to Jones. Other than that, this loss puts a sour taste in my mouth... Oh, sorry... It's actually the Margarita I'm downing because I couldn't bare to torture myself through this game all night.

Final Score: Blue Jays 16 - Yankees 7. Yuk Yuk Yuk.

P.S. You know I hate Mitre, so look for something special from me on Mitre on Bleeding Yankee Blue soon. I'm so annoyed, I couldn't write about it tonight.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017