Sunday, June 5, 2011

WHY WE'LL BRING THE WINNING EAST

(Photo: AP)
Pitching, Hitting, Clicking. God I love Bartolo Colon. While he wasn't stellar today, he's an ox and kept us in it. Plus, what can you say about David Robertson and Joba Chamberlain besides it's great to see them dominating and keeping the Angels stuck and unable to score. They were terrific. (Photo: Getty)
My son officially thinks David Robertson is the greatest pitcher on earth. I love how an 8 year mind works. I'll be sure to send this post to @DRob30 just so he's aware. The Yankees are clicking and I love it.
(Photo: Getty)
Bartolo Colon was not vintage Colon (I can't believe I just said that) but the reality is, he didn't pitch outstanding today like he has but what he did do was keep the Yankees in it. His line looked like this: 5.1 innings, 6 hits, 3 runs, 4 strikeouts and 3 walks. Oh yeah, and he got his 4th win. What was great was BYB's newly aasigned Three Headed Monster, consisting of DRob, Joba and Mo. By the way, Mo has save number 16 and has a 1.90 ERA. That kicks ass... just saying.

Mark Teixeira cranked out 2 homers today and now has 18, one more than my man Granderson who has 17. I love the idea of a Bronx home run race and wrote about it in WHY IT'S 1961 ALL OVER AGAIN. Read it, I think you'll like it.(Photo: Getty)
Poe Poe showed up today, 2 hits, a single and a double and the biggest thing we need right now is Jorge Posada's confidence high. The world is rooting for him, now he has to root for himself, get the confidence up and at least go out with a bang this year.

Overall, I'm happy, very happy with today. Yes, Colon wasn't totally on, but give him a bad outing, like I said, he at least didn't allow the wheels to fall off and the offense tacked on a few. Good, good stuff. 6-3 on this road trip... much better than I expected.

Final Score: Yankees 5 - Angels 3. Day off Monday and it's well deserved. The Boston Series starts Tuesday, you know what that means, a lot of hating and alot of heart is coming up. Tuesday night's matchup: Freddy Garcia vs. Jon Lester.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. Very tough home stand coming up the sox indians and rangers. But if they continue hitting this team can get through it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017