Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WHY CANSECO WON'T BE FORGOTTEN

Yes, sadly, Jose Canseco was a New York Yankee. It was a strategic move by the Yankees in 2000 to claim him off waivers before the Red Sox did. That's the last memory I have of Canseco playing ball. Years later, we watched him plug his book, turn baseball upside down and did little else. He is on Twitter now though. Then again, who isn't.

So what and I getting at? This. Has anyone been following Jose Canseco on Twitter lately? I love a good rant. And Yes, I've always been fascinated with Jose, so the combination of Canseco ranting really puts a smile on my face every morning. It's "car wreck" reading... I can't wait to read what he's going to say next. Sadly, It seems as though no one is reading him... Twitter silence. Here are some examples:

















Mr. Canseco, I do read you. I know you don't know me and I know you don't follow me. I just want to put a few things out there for people to think about.

No Doubt, you were a phenomenal home run hitter, and maybe still are. Everyone loves the long ball and at the time, everyone loved you. Hitting home runs is awesome, It's an amazing feat, so no one faults you for that.

Many however don't care for the way you handled your friendships. Now, I'm going on information based on reports. I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what happened. But from what I can tell, from the outside looking in, you befriended many many ballplayers during your playing days only to later expose secrets about them, some of these secrets we don't even know to be true. In fairness, some we do.

I'm not saying you're a bad person. I don't want to sound like I'm the person you should answer to. I'm not. I'm just a fan of the game, as you are. All I am saying is that human beings grow up learning to respect each other in their lifetime. We learn trust, friendship and loving thy neighbor at an early age. In fact you even wrote this in one of your twats:What you did to your former teammates, while it opened the eyes of Major League Baseball about a major problem of steroids and human growth hormones in the game, also demonstrated betrayal, selfishness and greed.

Many people are confused by all of this. Some may call you a rat. Some may call you a hero, I'm in the middle because you may have done the right thing, but you threw all of your friends under the bus for profit to do it. You get to live your life, while the people you betrayed are now under a microscope of suspicion. You see what I mean? I'm not sure I get it.

Look, I'm just a blogger. This will get posted, people will form an opinion about it and comment and look for the next post on a new topic the next day. It's not news, it's my opinion. I'm not the law, I'm not the judge and I'm not your mother. I just wanted to tell you how many of us feel about the whole ordeal.

You helped baseball, but you help it destructively. I respect what you did, I just didn't like the way you did it. That's it.

I'd love for you to respond and I'd be happy to put it on my blog. Just email me at BleednYankeeBlu@gmail.com. I don't have the biggest readership, but I do have the best readers out there, and I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. A whistleblower in any business or industry that reveals the "dirty secrets" rarely walks away with friends and Canseco is a perfect example.
    One part of me is disgusted with Canseco and the other side wants to hug him and thank him for cleaning up America's Past time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017