Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WHY PETTITE WON'T BE THERE OPENING DAY

Sadness has come over me and it's all because of Mr. Andy Pettitte. Andy had told the New York Yankees that he will not be ready for the beginning of the 2011 season, IF, he were to return. Son of a bitch.

So, the rumors about Andy not doing his winter workouts we true. I wrote about it in WHY IT'S A YEAR OF WAIT back on January 3rd. Andy has a strict workout schedule, everybody knows it, he was behind in that schedule, or maybe he never began the workouts. That's a problem. So I guess it's now our problem.

There were rumors flying about retirement from friends of friends of Andy about him wanting to stick close to home with his family. I guess that's more fact, but either way, we still don't have an answer.

Remember Andy a few weeks ago even told the New York Yankees to "go on without him" and "don't worry about me" and all of that. Yeah... this is disappointing, I must say. It's sad because Andy won't be there at the beginning of the season. It's sad because we still don't know if he's coming back or if he's going to retire. It's sad because as of right now, the Yankees have 3 starters in their rotation and a youngster and a loser for their 4 and 5 men.

So the question is out there, Will Andy come back? Yes, he could. He could do what Clemens used to do and do a type of spring type workout program between say May and June. Work his strength up, pitch in Trenton, the who thing. Who knows, this news really makes me aggravated, sad, pissed. Who am I kidding, I want to punch someone in the mouth.

Cashman, whom I respect, said this about Andy:

"I don't think he's determined if he's officially finished or not, but he's chosen at this stage at least not to start in 2011. If that ever changes he'll call us. We're not going to hound him or bother him."

Shortly after that statement, Cashman told the New York Times that "he just used a poor choice of words" in describing Pettitte's situation. Cashman claims he meant to say that Pettitte has "chosen not to pitch" instead of saying that Pettitte has "chosen not to start," though this doesn't necessarily mean that Pettitte has officially retired. This is coming from the New York Times and MLB Trade Rumors. This actually doesn't change anything that I blogged about earlier, but felt it necessary that you know.

So there you have it, breaking news from good ol' Bleeding Yankee Blue. Not what you wanted to hear, but it's news non the less. So, now we the fans can "kind of" turn the page.
We can say, "Okay Cash, now we really need someone." Now the Yankees can say, "Okay, let's move forward... officially." The time is now. Pitchers and Catchers is coming...

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

2 comments:

  1. Observation: you love to rip on Mitre. You have more than justified your reasons and I can sympathize. You want him outta here like Vladimir. But, I’m a patient man. I’d like to see how long we stay afloat with Mitre if we don’t sign anyone this off-season. Would you rather see Mitre or one of the prospects named in the earlier post on the opening day roster? Do you think there is something to be said about a guy who has actually seen big league hitters as opposed to throwing an underdeveloped pitcher to the wolves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've given Mitre enough chances. If I had to decide between Mitre or a prospect. I choose a prospect for sure. You know like like veteran with experience, but in this case, Mitre's time is up. Thanks for reading. I truly appreciate your comments, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017