Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WHY I KNOW THE 2011 YANKEES ROTATION

So how do I think the rotation should look in 2011. Interesting. You know, it's tough, after a loss in the playoffs that sends my team home, it's difficult to get back into the baseball season, especially for a Yankees fan. We expect to win. I know, it sounds arrogant. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not but it simply is about winning every year for us Yankees fans. Non Yankees fans get in my face about it but to respond...Bite me, you don't understand.

Slot 1- First up, you have to give to CC Monster. Why? Respect, that's why. Look, there's no doubt CC got tired near the end of the season and in the playoffs, but he's still young and he's coming off a 21 win season. Plus, he helped us get a championship in his first year in the Bronx. CC is the man and he's one of the big guns. Now I know everyone is reading about his surgery to fix something in his knee. I'm not even sure what it is, but no ones thinks it's serious, so I don't. If it is, Lee, if he signs, will be number 1, CC would be 2. But until then, CC is still my number 1.


Slot 2- Hopefully this happens... CC's bud, Cliff Lee. No surprise coming from me right? Now, the Rangers are going to do anything they can to keep Lee. There in the World Series and win or lose, Lee is a proven ace. The Yankees, not only want him, they NEED him. Yanks have the dough. If they are able to give him a contract of 5 years (which could be Lee's last big contract) and they throw the right money at him, we have an amazing 1,2 punch. I know about all the "reports" of Lee's wife being humiliated at Yankee Stadium during the playoffs and I'll give my thoughts later in this post on that, but right now, I'm moving onto number 3.

Slot 3- Yell at me if you must, but I'm going with AJ Burnett. Look, straight up, he sucked last year. Who knows what personal problems are going on with this guy to get him off track, But I do know this, AJ is still young and he still knows how to pitch, he proved it in his career and in 2009. Now, AJ lost his way, I see that. AJ needs positive reinforcement and needs a leader to look up to. He also needs a long winter of rest and a clean slate. I believe in this kid but I will tell you what AJ, if you suck in 2011, you're gone. Good Luck to you.

Slot 4- Well, This is a tough one, but if Pettitte decides to NOT to retire and thinks he's got 1 more year in him, you got to go with Old Reliable. He had injury this year but he pitched well in the playoffs and kept the doubters quiet. He can pitch in tough games, clutch games and from what I've been reading, he pitches hurt, when it counts, during "must wins" in the playoffs. How can you not still love this gamer after all these years? You're asking, why is AJ my number 3 and Pettitte my number 4? Quite simply... age. That's it. Plus, if we get a loss with AJ, Pettitte is usually a "pick me up."

Alternate Slot 4- If Pettitte doesn't come back, we have to find someone. A free agent, someone who won't cost a fortune but can win you 13 games, a veteran, but someone not too old. Jeremy Bonderman's out there, I don't love him but he's a number 4. How about someone I've wanted for years, Jon Garland. He'll be more expensive but I know he'd be reliable. Justin Duchscherer? Just a thought. How about a comeback pitcher like 35 year old Freddy Garcia. His time may have passed him by, but a good possible number 4 or 5 starter. What do you think?

Slot 5- Phil Hughes. The Yanks stretched him out this year and he won 18 games... And guess what, he wasn't even that great some games. But this is what I do know, he wants to win, he's learning from the veterans, he's 24. If the Yankees keep this guy right, he's going to be the next Clemens, minus scandal or course.



Now, let's give analysis about the Cliff Lee's wife situation. Looking through the newspapers, the blogs, your reading all about Cliff Lee's wife being harassed by drunk, angry Yankee fans during the playoffs. Some idiot yesterday, and I'm not even sure who it was, asked Lee in a press conference if he knew who it was. STOP IT. Knowing who it was is irrelevent. It's rude, it's classless and the incident is embarrassing to the majority of Yankee fans out there. That reporter isn't doing his job, ask a better question Bro.

Here's my thoughts on the incident. First off, Those few rude Yankee fans need to get educated. If you're mad at Lee for being a great pitcher, then yell at Lee, don't yell at her, she's just rooting for her man. If you're pissed because Lee went to the Rangers in that trade deadline deal with Seattle, then be pissed at the Mariners. They pulled out of the Yankees deal at the 11th hour.


If you're trying to psych out the Rangers and their fans, keep it clean. I know us Yankee fans have a bad reputation but MOST OF US DON'T. Some of us treat human beings with respect. Cliff Lee's wife could very well end up making up Cliff Lee's free agency decision for him based on this incident. Great, thanks a lot. Put yourself in Lee's shoes; If you're wife told you that she hated it in New York because she was embarrassed and humiliated publically, what would you do as a husband?....You'd keep your family out of New York, that's what you'd do. What's my point? My point is, we need this guy and the last thing we need is to sign another Vasquez because the Yankee fans helped blow the Lee signing. That's my take on that. Now, let's hope money talks and bullshit walks and we can put this incident behind us. Hopefully it goes away and on Opening Day we can all give the Lee family a standing Ovation.


In the meantime, this is my rotation, if you agree with it, don't agree, whatever, COMMENT. I want to hear what you would do.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017