Tuesday, May 22, 2018

HAMELS TO THE YANKS? HE SEEMS INTRIGUED

Photo: Getty Images
Kudos to Randy Miller of NJ.com for an interview with Cole Hamels where he asks him point blank about all the Yankee rumors and Cole attached to them.  He phrases it like it's us, the fans that are floating this rumor, and that's ridiculous because fans get this info from the writers, but that being said, I loved how Miller crafted this article and you should read it HERE.

Here's that exchange with Hamels and the Yankees.  As you can see, he doesn't say 'NO'. I think he realizes that at 34 years old you just want to play as long as you can, enjoy the game and if it means that there's a really good team out there that likes and perhaps wants you to play for them... if the deal is the right one, you go for it. Here's that portion:

Kim Klement | USA TODAY Sports
"Q: Are you aware that a lot of Yankee fans are bringing your name up quite a bit thinking that you're going to the final piece to their next championship?

Hamels: 'Shoot, I helped them get a World Series in ‘09, so I’m sure they like me! … No, no. I understand it. It’s kind of the nature of what happens and I think anytime you get traded once, you understand that the possibilities are there. And as you get older if you’re able to play well and keep of what I know I’m capable of doing, then it’s each year you could be on a different team hunting down a postseason. So it’s kind of the nature of where I think I am in my career and in the contract and in the situation. (The Yankees) have a tremendous team. So really looking at them, it’s some of the best baseball is now being able to watch the Yankees and Boston and I think that’s just exciting for baseball fans in general and the game and the scope of it now creates with that drama that they’ve always had in their history. It’s been good to see.'”

Source: Richard Rodriguez/Getty Images North America
Look, we will just have to see what happens with Hamels and the Yankees.  Most likely nothing. But, I will tell you that we here at BYB have been all over the Hamels rumors for a few years now.  Read an oldie but a goodie here...

May 16, 2012:WOULD YOU WANT COLE HAMELS IN YANKEE PINSTRIPES?
July 18, 2012: WOULD YOU TRADE HUGHES & JOBA FOR COLE HAMELS?
June 25, 2015: IS COLE HAMELS WORTH A SECOND LOOK?

Stay tuned...


Mike O'Hara's New Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017