Monday, December 8, 2014

CASHMAN'S PLAN FOR GREGORIUS


We mentioned yesterday in BRIAN CASHMAN'S NEW FAVORITE MOVIE that that the plan for Didi Gregorius would be to platoon him early on, almost to make him more comfortable with the new feel of New York and hitting lefties.  Well, this isn't much of a post, but it's important.  This is Brian Cashman in his own words, describing his plan for Didi.  Check it out:


“He’s a young athletic shortstop and his defense is very good.  He’s struggled against left-handed pitching and we believe he hits right-handed pitching well, so I think at the very least, we open up 2015 with him in a platoon with Brendan Ryan until he separates himself.  So, the high end projection is that we think there’s more in the tank there as he continues to develop. We think he’s an exciting talent, but honestly he’s not a finished product.

He’s someone we targeted not just this winter, but in past seasons, both with the old regime and the new regime.  I had to go through another club to get my hands on him.  We believe we’re in a better place than we were before we had him.”


Many fans are ranking on this trade.  I'm not one of them. I have faith in Didi.  As my buddy Sidney wrote yesterday on Facebook:

"I would hope that the "Platoon" thing will be settled in spring training."

Me too my friend... me too.

 You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017