Saturday, October 18, 2014

THE YANKS WILL PICK A HITTING COACH BY TUESDAY


According to Brendan Kuty of NJ.com, Dave Magadan seems to think the Yankees will make a decision soon on whether or not he or someone else will be chosen as the Yankees next hitting coach.

Kuty writes: "... Magadan, 52, said he doesn't expect to fly out again and that the next call he gets from the Yankees will likely tell him if he's their pick.

'I don't know,' he said. 'I would imagine since it's not a managing position, I think they would just call. For a coaching staff member, it's one interview most of the time, unless there's something they need to clarify in a phone call. I would doubt I would have to fly back up there again, but you never know.'


Magadan added that he believed the club was wrapping up its interviews Friday."

That would mean yesterday.

I mean, not sure why we're putting all our eggs in Magadan's basket, but hey, maybe he knows something we don't.  We'll just have to see.  I did just hear on 1010 Wins this morning that the Yankees will pick a hitting coach "by Tuesday". So, it's gotta be all connected.


The Yanks are looking at Dave Magadan, Chili Davis, Marcus Thames and Dante Bichette.

Stay tuned.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017