Friday, May 9, 2014

UPDATE: A YANKEE PROPOSAL....SORT OF

It really is a small world. Sometimes you meet someone randomly in your everyday routine and the experience sticks with you. It's something that you carry and becomes a good piece of motivation for you. I have always hoped to leave that impression on someone in my life. In fact, I would call that a life long mantra for me. Well last year, I had one of those good encounters for myself and I never expected to run into him again, but I did!


Last year I wrote a short little feel good story called A YANKEE PROPOSAL....SORT OF and I thought it offered something to smile about right in the middle of a nightmare Yankee season. I met a boy named Brayden, and it started out just by us bonding over a favorite player of ours, David Robertson. It had me smiling the rest of the day, I can't lie.

Well, a little over a year later I ran into him AGAIN. Last year I ran into him at Dunkin Donuts on my way to work. I never saw him after that because I don't go to that location as often. Shortly after that meeting my job switched locations so now I have to go to a different store if I need my morning fix. Well, this past weekend I was dragging. It was one of those weekends where you wish you could've cloned yourself because honestly you needed to be in three different places at the same time! That is a call for mayday, so I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts by my house for a serious caffeine fix. I walk in the door and guess who I see? My supposed to be future husband, Brayden. My crazy weekend just went to unbelievably crazy!


Brayden's uncle was sitting at a table with him and they were playing cards. He recognized me right away, but Brayden was very focused. I had to go say hi of course. As soon as I walked over Brayden looked up but he didn't seem to recognize me. Kids, right? It took a few minutes but after I asked him about David Robertson he seemed to remember very quickly. Pretty soon his card game was not as entertaining.


We sat there and talked about his little league team. He plays in the outfield right now and says he is "super fast" like Brett Gardner, but he was telling me about how much he likes to pitch but he isn't very good at it. He wants to grow up to be a pitcher for the Yankees and wishes the Robertson could teach him. He was so animated and excited to tell me all about his team and how he is going to grow up to be a Yankee.

I actually tried to take a picture with my future husband but it turns out he is camera shy. Instead of taking the picture he did ask me where my ring that he gave me went. I think I may be in trouble, I wonder if the wedding is off if I see him again and I don't have it.


So Brayden, I am sorry I didn't have my ring on me. Hopefully I am still the "coolest old girl in the world." It's little things like this that can put a smile on your face and make your day amazing. Who knows when you will run into someone again. To be continued?





 --Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ


 


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017