Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A YANKEE PROPOSAL....SORT OF

Maybe you are sitting down and reading this as you drink your coffee....if you are, I have a cute coffee story for you and if nothing else, it will put a smile on your face as you start your day. It was just a normal, routine morning for me. I am definitely a morning person, I wake up and I am usually quite chipper without the help from caffeine. Some days I need a pick me up though, and when that happens I usually stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way to work. So, lots of people probably do the same thing, but this morning it wasn't a routine stop.

Usually, I am too lazy to get out of my car and brave the cold so I wait in the drive thru line. Yes, you read that right....it contrary to popular belief,  it DOES get cold here in the Arizona desert overnight. It might not be the same "cold" to you east coasters, but I would say 35 degrees before the sun comes up is pretty darn cold. This morning, the drive thru line was insanely long so I decided to brave the elements and I parked my car and went inside.
I wasn't the only one who had this idea though, there was one guy in front of me in line and he had the most adorable set of twins with him....a boy and a girl. We started chit-chatting in line a little bit when the little boy ran past me wearing a really cool long sleeve David Robertson jersey I have never seen before, "Hey! Cool shirt," I said to the little boy.... he couldn't have been more than six or maybe seven. He instantly went from being super shy to mister smiley face in about five seconds. "Thanks! DRob is my favorite!" He said and then told me that his mom made it especially for him. I smiled and told him how much I liked him too and then he started telling me about how his uncle was the coolest uncle in the world because he took him to a game last year and he got to see him up close.

As we were both standing in a very short, but somehow slow moving line, his Uncle started telling me about how his family is split down the middle and half of the are Yankee fans, and the other half were Mets fans. He happened to be a Mets fan, but he couldn't convince his nephew to follow the same team and he dreads the Subway Series every year.
As we continued to chat, I soon learned that the little boy's name was Brayden and that his second favorite player was Mark Teixeira....who happens to be my favorite. Next thing I knew, I was dubbed "the coolest old girl in the world." Not sure I like the way that is phrased but hey....I can work with that! His Uncle laughed as he grabbed his coffee and handed the kids their hot chocolates. Before they left I said "goodbye" and turned my attention to the counter to order.


I finally ordered my coffee, and started to leave with caffeine in hand when Brayden came running up to me from his table and handed me a hot pink plastic ring. Before I could say anything he looked up at me and said "You are the coolest girl I ever met! Marry me?" How can you say no to a marriage proposal before seven in the morning?

So, Mom and Dad....if you are reading this 20 years from now, we may have to re-visit this proposal.  If only all mornings could start off with such a nice feel good story like this.

Thanks for the smile, Brayden!
 



--Jeana Bellezza, BYB Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ



Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017