Monday, June 3, 2013

TWITTER FOOD WAR WITH CLAY RAPADA? NOT SO FAST

I overshot. I knew it when I did it but let's face it, this is the world of Twitter and you can actually chat it up with the big guys. The reality is Clay Rapada, Francisco Cervelli and many others like to talk with the fans on Twitter, they're cool guys. We've written about Cisco and Clay in the past.


In fact, I'd like to think that BYB was responsible for Clay getting that silly avatar of he and Hello Kitty changed to his now bad ass one. Read CLAY RAPADA BREAKS BYB'S BALLS BACK! for context on that. The truth is, I don't take myself too seriously. Clay was just mocking us back when he changed it, plus, the Hello Kitty pic was epic. Anyway... moving on...


We noticed that Rapada liked to tweet food. In fact, he does it a lot.  Weird, but funny and the bottom line is, you know the guy's a cool dude. So yesterday he did his best "Food Tweet" yet:


Not only did he tweet his waffles, he tweeted him hanging with Cody Eppley and Josh Spence. Breakfast with the sidearms is basically what he said. Good for them.



So I sat there, reading his tweet and then looking down at my own breakfast, the Farmer's Omelette from the Fireplace in Paramus, NJ (Holla) and I decided to do the same, tweeting this back to my Twitter bud. Alittle Twitter Food war maybe? Get a laugh from a Yankee? Hilarious right? Wrong...
Silence. Like a chick who feels smothered, he left me hanging. I was stuck in the Twitter world wondering...Where did my dialog go wrong? I scared the dude off. I overstepped, or worse... he hates omelettes! I mean this is a guy that tweets food all the time, how did he not think that was funny? Check these Tweets out by Clay.  The dude's knee deep in take-out and PF Chang's:

How about this one:
Now let's be honest, this post is a goof.  I honestly love the world of Twitter and communicating with these guys, but the reality is I just think it's hilarious how many people tweet their food, Clay included. Sure, I wanted to start a Food War with Clay, playfully, and the blow off, I get it.  I know people are busy, so in the end, I don't take this too seriously.  I did however want to share with you guys, I found it entertaining. Maybe you'll laugh, maybe you'll share... maybe you'll follow the dude on Twitter... it's all good though.

Thanks for the material, Clay.  Tweet us dinner tonight. 

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017