Saturday, April 27, 2013

WE NEED TO BRING HIDEKI MATSUI BACK...

To throw out the first pitch of course…  I’ve always loved Hideki Matsui and his splash in the Bronx was terrific.  Now that he’s retired, who knows where he is.  New York? Japan?

No doubt he’s with his lovely wife somewhere enjoying retirement, but I wonder, could the Yankees please bring Matsui back one game soon, maybe on July 4th, or on Old-Timer's day to throw out the first pitch?


I once went out on a limb here at BYB. I once suggested the Yankees needed to bring Ron Burgundy out to throw out the first pitch.  I love that Will Ferrell character and thought maybe that could be hilarious. (Read WHY RON BURGUNDY SHOULD THROW OUT THE FIRST PITCH for context on that.) But this time I'm being dead serious. I want to see Matsui again and I think it would be fitting to see Matsui come out and let the fans give him a Bronx cheer!

Don’t forget, he literally went out with a bang in New York back in 2009 winning the World Series MVP and having his last game of his life in the Bronx carrying the Yanks over the finish line. He had a flair for the dramatic… it was epic and unforgettable. 


Yes, I miss Godzilla, it's out of the bag.  And sure, it’s only been a few months since he retired, but there’s nothing wrong with alittle Matsui fix right about now, right? I mean, are you in?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017