Wednesday, April 17, 2013

PRONK YOU! YANKEES WIN!

Who do you give credit to? Joe Girardi for choosing Travis Hafner to pinch hit for Ben Francisco and homering, or Travis Hafner for doing his only job for the Yankees... crank out homers and doing it tonight to win the game? No one will pick Girardi. Hafner is the hero tonight...but it was a team effort all around.

There were many great moments tonight... the Yankees are rolling lately.  CC Sabathia pitched 8 innings, only allowing 6 hits and allowed 3 runs. He struck out 6 and gave up a home run. Now you can read that line and criticize Sabathia for giving up 8 hits.  I don't see it that way, nor have I ever.  You can give up hits all day long as a pitcher as far as I'm concerned. You have a team behind you right?  You give up runs...Then I have a problem.  Don't do that and I'll always love you. I love the Monster. He's the man.

Brett Gardner was 2-4 tonight with 2 RBIs and tied things up at 3 tonight. I love that.  He's batting .259 this season.  Ichiro Suzuki is batting only .189 this season.  I'm going to make a suggestion and this is me being protective of Suzuki and a way to start him up and still keep Gardy hot.  Put Ichiro in the lead off spot. He's comfortable there. He will shine.  Move Gardy to 9th. Gardy can hit anywhere and he'll be a second lead off guy in the 9 hole.  This way, you can jump start Ichiro and hopefully Gardy keeps hitting.  It's just a thought, that's it.

Mariano Rivera came in tonight and got Save #4.  I almost feel bad not writing about Mo enough, but the dude is so automatic, it's just so easy to just chalk it up as another save and there is no worry...ever!

Big win tonight.  After that tie game in the 8th, it was almost like it was supposed to happen this way.  Travis Hafner comes off the bench and cranks out a homer, like he was supposed to do, and just like that, the Yankees win and are now 8-5.  Not too shabby.

Final tonight: Yankees 4 - Diamondbacks 3.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017