Wednesday, April 17, 2013

TEIXEIRA + WATER = INTERESTING REHAB

Mark Teixeira is swinging a bat under water! That's what Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger Tweeted. You can read that HERE.  That was followed up by what I can only imagine a lot of ball busted at the expense of McCullough.  How do I know? He tweeted it... HERE:
Look, you can take alot of Tweets alot of ways. It seems like he's mad. Is he? I don't know. I personally read McCullough alot, he's got great info, but let's face it, the tweet about Tex swinging a bat underwater, followed by him saying he'll take "dry" swings today was clever.  What's up Andy, we're just "breaking your balls alittle bit" as Billy Batts from Goodfellas once told Tommy:


Truth be told, that is a terrific rehabilitation tool and Mark Teixeira is working hard to get back and I love it. According to McCullough's actual piece, HERE: "Teixeira planned to swing on dry land today. He figured to take 40 swings, 20 from each side, before the Yankees hosted Arizona. He would not make contact with a baseball. These are known as 'dry swings.' This is part of what he called a “slow-moving” progression toward game action.

'We’re checking off all the boxes,' Teixeira said. 'Every single box. I wish I could have been out there a month ago. But we can’t be too fast with this. Eight to 10 weeks? I still want to be back in eight. But if it has to be a little bit slower, because of soreness or tightness or whatever, we can take a little more time.'

Teixeira did say he’s been heartened by the team’s performance in his absence. The external pressure to return has lessened, he said."

Look...baby steps... we'll get there, I know it.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017