Friday, April 26, 2013

MICRO LEAGUE BASEBALL IS IN FACT ALIVE & WELL

It's good to have nerd friends.  Not sure if you remember, but I was desperately looking for someone to help me get my old Micro League floppy disks up and running again.  I wrote  IS MICRO LEAGUE BASEBALL DEAD? back in January.  In it, I wrote: I found my Micro League floppy disks containing probably around 200 teams and stats.  I mean, this is hours and hours of useless and wasted energy that I spent in my youth, all on a bunch of floppy disks that I can no longer play.  Now that I think about it, I am not sure how I functioned in the real world after Micro League, because I remember being consumed. What a Nerd!!!"

It's true, I am a nerd, but I'm not the only one.  One of my close friends was trying to help me out after he read  the piece and then I received a few emails, one of which wanted to help get the games off my disks, but one problem, I didn't want to part with the disks, and he didn't want to part with his drive.  It was a stalemate at it's best and eventually died. 

I did all the research and was only able to find that if I want to actually get a 5.25 floppy disk drive, it's not easy.  Any floppy disk drives now are 3 inch and while they work, it won't work for my much older disks.  I was sunk.


 Then something happened.  The other day I received this email:
"Saw your article on Micro League baseball - I adored that game as a kid too. I made tons of my own teams using the General Manager disk and loved tracking the stats too. I remember printing out pages and pages of stats using a dot matrix printer lol."

OK... At first I thought I got really drunk the night before and wrote that to myself. Why you ask? BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE ME! I read on...
"It still exists, though you need to download it for free online, and use an emulator to make it work on your computer.  I don't remember exactly where I downloaded it from, it's been awhile, but this could be a good place to start:



Now I don't usually just download stuff off websites, so I'm going to do my research on this, but from what I can tell, this is the game and this is pretty damn exciting if I can can get this thing to work.

Truth be told, I don't know the web page this gentleman sent me, so I don't endorse it, but I do suggest that if you loved Micro League Baseball like did, you at least look into it.

If anyone else knows about this web page of about the game itself, comment here.  Us nerds need to stick together!



Your nerdy pal, Casey
Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu




Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017