Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WANG & OSWALT COULD BE YANKEE TARGETS

Chien-Ming Wang worked out in front of Yankee scouts today at a Yankee complex in Tampa.  We reported on the fact that the Yankees were "possibly" interested in Wang back before the World Baseball Classic started.  Then, when we wrote EYES ON CHIEN-MING WANG JUST GOT WIDER,  we meant that the Yanks were drawing more interest because he pitched so well in the Classic. 

Which again, brings us to today, where Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger says in this Tweet HERE that the Yanks had a "tryout" with Wang.   It also is worth reporting that the Yankees are among many teams possibly interested in signing Wang. Read Ken Davidoff of the New York Post, HERE.

Then there's Roy Oswalt,  a dude that the Yankees have never truly been attached to, and to be perfectly honest here, if the Yankees went into the season with the rotation they have now, they'd be just fine.  That being said, Oswalt is working out and wants a gig somewhere.  That comes from Tim Dierkes at MLB Trade Rumors, HERE. It's interesting, but I don't see him as a strong starter anymore.  I see Oswalt as a reliever or closer believe it or not.  With his cranky back and his age, I am just not sure he can do what he used to do.  Hey, I hope I'm wrong for his sake, but I don't think I am.  Bottom line, if the Yanks ever needed a dude like Oswalt for relief, much like they did with Derek Lowe last year, it may not be a bad idea... but now this is just me thinking out loud.

If anything happens with Wang, Oswalt, or whomever... we'll tell you, right here at Bleeding Yankee Blue!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017