Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WHY WE DON'T NEED MITRE... EVER

Joe Girardi likes Sergio Mitre, but he likes him the way he was when he started on the Cubs when Joe Girardi and he got to know each other. Girardi saw something in Sergio Mitre when he came up with the Cubs back in 2003...He saw potential. But the talent never really ever panned out. There was never a shot at becoming a superstar. That's life, it sucks for Mitre, but it's life.

Look, I coach Little League, and I see kids who play equally to other kids on the team, kids that are new to the game, yet, the coaches look at the ones that have been playing longer and look back to their Glory Days, when those kids were superstars. At the end of the day...they're really all pretty equal right now, but, they remember those older times, not the moments now and they bench the newer kids. Let me tell you something, Joe Girardi is thinking back to the Glory Days of Sergio Mitre. Except, there weren't any Glory days in Chicago, there was only possible potential and those days are long gone.
The Yankees have to cut Sergio Mitre. Release him and give that spot to a pitcher that deserves to be in that spot. There are plenty of them on the New York Yankees, either on the current roster or in the farm system and that opportunity is for someone that's earned it. What is the reasoning for bringing in someone like Mitre losing a 3-0 game and allowing him to load the bases and the next thing you know it's 5-0? Put it this way, if Mitre isn't in and a regular is there instead, the game is tied 3-3 in the ninth, not 5-0. See what I mean?

This rant clearly is the pregame before my recap of tonight's game, and something I had to get off my chest. In my mind, Mitre's career in pinstripes needs to be over. Sorry I sound so harsh, but it's the reality.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to all of this. He needs to go away. Now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017