Sunday, April 10, 2011

WHY CC WILL PREVAIL

pre-vail [pri-veyl]: to be or prove superior in strength, power, or influence

(photo: Getty)
CC Sabathia is the guy I want on the mound tonight in this rubber match with the Sox. The games so far have been competitive and at the end of the day, if we can win 2 against the evil Sox, I would be OK with that. CC needs to be in ace form and stick around until the 7th. I don't want any itchy trigger fingers coming from Girardi tonight, this game is big. It's the Sox and our ace is on the mound. The way I see it, CC has had 2 other starts already this season and I'd say, he's stretched out, so let him go.Now, if there is one person I want the Yankees to pummel tonight, it's Josh Beckett. Many, many, many of us Yankee fans still can't stomach the sight of Beckett, not because he's an evil Red Sock, but that he was an evil Marlin in 2003 and we just couldn't beat him. Now that he's with the Sox, we hate him more, but luckily, we've figured him out, so tonight, it would be a wonderful evening if the Yankees can force Beckett the throw strikes, be patient in the box and knock him out by the 4th inning.

Here are tonight's lineups:

YANKEES:
Gardner LF
Jeter SS
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez 3B
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Posada DH
Granderson CF
Martin C

RED SOX
Crawford LF
Pedroia 2B
Gonzalez 1B
Youkilis 3B
Ortiz DH
Cameron CF
Drew RF
Varitek C
Scutaro SS

Posada is back in the DH role, that's his job and yesterday was his day off. While Posada is technically the DH, I go with Chavez tonight. We have him coming off an amazing game yesterday at Fenway and he needs to continue. That being said, Posada wants to play and for Girardi, I'm sure it's a respect thing. I get it. No disrespect to Posada, he is loved.(photo: MCT)
Look for A-Rod to have a hot bat tonight, I just have a feeling. Look for Cano to continue his hot hitting and hopefully Martin will just keep on killing them in their own ballpark.

Wow. Update: turns out A-Rod is under the weather and Chavez will play. It happens.

8pm on ESPN , Ladies and Gentleman, Let's Go Yankees!

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017