Thursday, February 10, 2011

WHY WE LOVE JORGE

I love Jorge Posada! There I said it! Notice I did not say loved! I said I love him, present tense.

It is hard to imagine the Yankees without him. The guy bleeds Yankee blue! I wear my emotion on my sleeve when it comes to certain Yankees and Jorge is one of them. He’s been such a big part of these great championships over the last 15 years that I am not ready to give up on him just yet!

I am gonna make two predictions about Jorge this year:
  • Jorge will bat at least .320, will hit around 22 home runs and will be in the top 5 in the AL for on base percentage.

  • Jorge will be named 2011 World Series MVP.

I’m crazy right? Dreaming? Wishful thinking? Yep, maybe a little bit, but I also have faith in Posada and think he is about to have another 2007 year. Who can forget those numbers from 2007. A .338 Batting Average, 20 homers, and 90 RBI’s -- And, he was 3rd in the American League in on-base percentage (.426). So why would I make such bold predictions for Jorge this year at the plate? Because he won’t have to worry about catching! We all know that Jorge’s ego is a bit bruised with the eventual conclusion that his days behind the plate are all but done with the exception of maybe a rare start here and there or a late inning pinch hit, etc. I am sure that is hard for him to swallow and it should, he has the Yankee pride! But he’s had all winter to let it settle in and really focus on what he can do to help this team win another World Series and I think he knows he can be the leading offensive player in this lineup this year -- Yep, the LEADING offensive player this year!

I actually cannot wait for Spring training and I cannot wait for Jorge to knock the cover of the ball this season! So to all you Jorge fans, Let’s here it, “Hip Hip, Jorge!!!”



- -Mikey Blue BYB Senior Writer



Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

3 comments:

  1. Donnie Baseball. I don't know what it is, but I love the way you write. I feel like you're talking to me. I wish you would write more posts on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017