Thursday, October 3, 2024

YANKEE MEDIA TRAINING BLOWS


I can't stand when Aaron Boone speaks to the media because he says literally nothing, and Brian Cashman is right there with him.  

Cashman speaking to the media about the Yankees and the playoffs comes down to one thing for him... and literally everyone else on the planet. ESPN writes:

"We have a great shot, but we only have a great shot if we play our best baseball," the general manager said Thursday ahead of an AL Division Series against Kansas City."

Thanks, dimbulb.  I learned nothing from that and honestly, I can't get that 4 seconds back.

Look, there is no question the Yankees have to win this year. I mean this is their year. The future hinges on this World Series win for the Yankees.  If we lose, we probably lose Juan Soto. If we lose, Aaron Boone gets fired... I mean that's a plus I guess, but my point is the Yankees need to win this year. It's been way too long, and we can't tout ourselves as a big franchise if we're not winning a lot of championships.  But there's more to it... the Yankees media machine sucks.  I will say this, the Yankee players are media trained and they are terrific.  Upper management? Horrible.



Even earlier today, I was annoyed with YES Network for posting Boone talking about the Royals.  I mean, who the hell cares? His opinions don't matter, he has no substance.  It's not important.  Give me ANY of the Yankees to talk about it. That I care about. Boone is insignificant, he really is.

The Yankees need to win, this is a fact.  The media training by their manager and front office? Do better or get rid of these tools.  It brings down this glorious franchise... they're better than those guys.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.