Saturday, August 17, 2024

AARON JUDGE IS JUST A GOLDEN GOD


I have never seen a baseball player in the modern era that comes up almost every time and does something special. Let me rephrase, I have, but it doesn't happen often. After all, baseball is hard. 

I remember the days of Don Mattingly and I was always amazed by how he'd keep his average in the 300s year after year and it was always impressive to me.  Now, all these years later I see guys like Juan Soto and Aaron Judge continually do great things for this Yankee team.  But for me, Judge is just a freak. I don't know how he does it.  

Last night Judge led the Yankees to victory again with the help of Gerrit Cole, this time with a 3-0 victory against the Tigers.   But more to that, he's already hit his 44th home run. I mean are you kidding me?

The AP writes:

"Judge hit his major league-leading 44th home run and Gerrit Cole struck out eight in six innings as the New York Yankees beat the Detroit Tigers 3-0 on Friday night.... New York won its third straight and took a one-game lead in the AL East over Baltimore, which lost 12-10 to Boston."



It is something that we talk about when we hear about stories of Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle. Those moments in time that are just historically incredible in this sport, and we are witnessing it now in real time, a really special treat for any sports fan and especially for kids that think that the days of Ruth are folklore. The truth is big players, really special players do exist, and Aaron Judge is that guy for this generation and it's wonderful to see.

Yanks win another one.  Can they keep this up? Damn, I hope so.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.