Saturday, June 22, 2024

BOOING AT RODON ONLY MEANS YANKEE FANS MAY BE WORRIED


Carlos Rodon is everything I wanted when he came to the Yankees. He's a gamer, a force and he's important in this Yankee lineup.  He's also 9-4 with a 3.86 ERA.  While that's not bad, it's not awful either.  He's a tough guy, and he wants to perform here.

Last year I was so excited to see the guy in pinstripes, but the combination of injury and adapting to a brand-new fan base clearly got to him. It was tough.

But like I said, this year he's been good.  Last outing however, it was crappy.  The New York Post writes:

"The left-hander, who has rebounded well after a disastrous first season in The Bronx, reverted back to his 2023 form against the Braves as he gave up eight runs — seven earned — in just 3 ²/₃ innings.

And then he got booed off the mound by a crowd that watched too many of those performances from Rodon a year ago."

But this is what I hate... booing our guys. I understand fandom, but booing a guy that turned it around and clearly just had a bad night doesn't make sense.  What does it say to me?  Yankee fans are worried.  

There are injuries... we haven't been playing like we have been playing all year.  The Orioles made us look like fools.  Yankee fans are panicked, I believe it to be true.  I know I am.   I was talking to my buddy last week... he is in tune with everything Yankees for years.  He says to me, "Yanks have been looking for great right? When's the downward spiral coming?"  I thought about it for a moment... I think he may be right. The real question is when.

The New York Yankees are a very good team, but we really didn't have injury other than DJ LeMahieu.  Since we all had concern about Juan Soto's forearm... Dominguez got hurt again, Rizzo... we had a scare with Aaron Judge.  

But look... at the end of the day... Rodon? He's done his job.  To be honest it's alittle premature to be booing a guy that's doing what he's supposed to be doing.  But there's no question fans are feeling the pressure... I get it, but let's applaud this team so far.  Let's applaud Rodon, will ya?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017