Sunday, May 26, 2024

I CANNOT IMAGINE VLAD GUERRERO JR IN YANKEE PINSTRIPES EVER!


I laugh so often when I find these nuggets about trades the Yankees should or may be in the running for. Then I read about the idea that the Yankees could be a trade partner with the Toronto Blue Jays and I fell over.  

First of all, it's click bait, nothing more, but when you the read the quotes, it makes sense for both teams from a business standpoint. Here's the issue, Vladimir Guerrero hates the Yankees and trade or no trade, can you really see this being a thing? I don't.  I appreciate Bleacher Reports Zachary Rymer even suggesting it, but it's clear this is a click tactic and nothing more.  We need to move on.

A publication called Heavy Heavy writes:

"The Yankees were listed as a landing spot for three-time All-Star Vladimir Guerrero Jr. by Bleacher Report’s Zachary D. Rymer.

“Let’s assume that, even if coughing up cash was part of the deal, Toronto wouldn’t part with its slugging first baseman without getting at least one top-100 type back,” wrote Rymer.

The Blue Jays could be open to moving Bo Bichette and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. in order to build for the future.

“I don’t think they’re opposed to it,” an unnamed executive told MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand. “They’ve talked to teams about it. The asks were ridiculous, but I think they’re going to try to retool a lot, and using those guys to get pieces may be the way to do it.”

But I think with every trade, there is one factor is that is not talked about when it comes to this stuff... personalities.  Vlad would get crucified in New York... even if he was a Yankee.  And Vlad? He hates us Yankee fans.  Remember this quote from MLB.com from April 2023?

"When asked if he’d ever play for the Yankees at that time, Guerrero replied, “No, not even dead.”

I just see this whole thing as ridiculous and yes, I'm calling out Bleacher Report for clickbait.  

Look, anything can happen. I never in a million years actually thought the Yankees would be as successful as they've been this season.  But this trade makes no sense, that's the bottom line.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017