Tuesday, March 19, 2024

RODON DAZZLES & YANKS HAVE SOMETHING UP THEIR SLEEVE


I could not be happier for Carlos Rodon. I don't know if you were able to see it, but Rodon was amazing yesterday.  Now the media didn't give Rodon his due as much as I would liked. They really harped on the fact that Joe Torre was the guy who came out to the mound to remove him from the game after being outstanding.  But let's not forget what Rodon did. 5.2 innings, 5 strikeouts, 1 walk and no hits. Love that for him!  But the media made Torre the story. The New York Post writes:

"The competitive Rodon, still in the zone, knew he had three pitches remaining in his allotment and was about to face a left-handed hitter.

“I was like, ‘What the hell, it’s a lefty?’ I look up and I was like, ‘Oh, it’s Joe Torre. I should give him the ball,’ ” Rodon said with a laugh. “I was like, ‘All right, I can’t really say much here.’ Spring training game, Joe Torre, yeah. So I had to give the ball away. It was funny. It was cool.

“I wanted to be like, ‘Get out of here,’ ” Rodon added, “but it’s Joe Torre.”

Torre is a legend, no question. I wish he was still our manager.  He has the experience, the respect.  It was a terrific moment.  Let's hope Rodon can keep it consistent, because we really need him this year with Gerrit Cole out for a bit.  

And the Yankees know that too.  In fact, there is speculation and rumor that the Yankees are trying to land a young ace from the Marlins. I'm not kidding. Inside the Pinstripes writes:



"Another player the Yankees reportedly have been attempted to trade for is Miami Marlins young ace Jesús Luzardo, according to the New York Post's Jon Heyman.

"The Yankees haven’t been able to get any traction in trade talks for Marlins star Jesús Luzardo or others, and the starters who remain on the market are more depth pieces, led by 2023 All-Star Michael Lorenzen and Mike Clevinger," Heyman said.

Luzardo may not have as large of a name as someone like Snell, but he would be a significant upgrade for the Yankees' rotation. He had a 3.58 ERA and 208-to-55 strikeout-to-walk ratio last season with Miami and a 3.32 ERA and 120-to-35 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 2022. "

We will have to see what happens, but there is no question the Yankees are actually trying to secure a solid pitcher for their rotation.  I hope it all works out. I hope Rodon continues to dominate and I hope the Yankees get a guy they can put out there every 5th day to help this club win.

Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017