Friday, March 1, 2024

OLD MAN CANO STILL PLAYING


Just when you thought you heard the last of Robinson Cano, you didn't. Believe it or not, the dude is still playing baseball.  Not in the major leagues, but in Mexico.

CBS Sports writes:

"Robinson Canó, an eight-time All-Star second baseman best known for his time spent with the New York Yankees, will continue his professional career after signing with the Diablos Rojos del México of the Mexican League.

Canó, 41, last played in Major League Baseball during the 2022 season. Over parts of 17 campaigns, he batted .301/.351/.488 (124 OPS+) with 335 home runs and an estimated 68.1 Wins Above Replacement, per Baseball Reference's estimates."

As far as I'm concerned, I am impressed that a 41-year-old is still following his dream, but with his tainted reputation of PED use, his kid that was a secret for years and then he never paid child support, you really need to just move on from this guy.  I hate to be that guy to judge because I often will not, but reputation means everything to me, and while I loved the guy early on, he never adapted as that leader we wanted.  He didn't hustle, he didn't feel much like a team player to me.  

That being said, hey, I wish him well in the Mexican League.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017