Saturday, February 3, 2024

SHINY THINGS WON'T DISTRACT ME FROM LACK OF STAR SIGNINGS


Same story every day from me, the Chief of BYB. You bored yet? Cause I am.

Joe Girardi is now back with the Yankees and with YES.  The New York Yankees promoted this story  like it was Girardi actually PLAYING for the Yankees yesterday. And while me, one of the biggest Yankee fans alive is happy to see a familiar face to join the rest of the gang in the booth, it doesn't change the fact that we still need starting pitching and have nothing but Juan Soto for a year and Marcus Stroman.  Again... bored yet? I am.

The New York Post writes:


"Joe Girardi is coming back to The Bronx — as a broadcaster.

The ex-Yankees catcher and manager is joining YES Network as an analyst for the upcoming season, the network announced Friday afternoon."

I'm losing Twitter followers left and right. I've lost my mind, my will, my love of writing for the team I love.  

I remember after the Yankees signed Carlos Rodon in 2022. There was a SI headline that read that the Yankees still needed more.  They were right then.  Nothing happened. 

"The Yankees, as Tom Verducci wrote last night, signed Rodón with the expectation that “he can not only help them get to the postseason but also through it.” This is true; they needed another ace with the swing-and-miss stuff that is so crucial for winning in the playoffs. And yet, their biggest problem in their AL Championship Series loss to the Astros was their inability to score."

Rodon laid an egg for us, and no we didn't make the playoffs.  And so, with this in mind, the Yankees need to step up their starting pitching. They are paying Rodon a lot of money to pitch well for us in 2024, but do you have faith in this guy? Is that what the Yankees are hoping for? Are they hoping that Rodon bounces back? Are we really waiting to see what happens?  

And so, pardon me for poo-pooing the signing of Joe Girardi as the newest guy in the broadcast booth.  It's not a slight on Girardi at all, what it is, is a slight at the Yankees for trying to fool us for literally doing nothing this offseason. It's annoying... it's disappointing.   Marcus Stroman could be decent for us, but I just ain't feeling it, I'm sorry... I'm not.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.